Step 1 of 4: Exhibit, Presentation, or Performance Details
*Indicates a required field.
- Commercial Makers are responsible for their own business transactions - whether it be via cash, credit card, barter, or some other means. There is a fee to sell or promote at Maker Faire as a Commercial Maker. The fee will be invoiced in advance and payable prior to receiving your Maker credentials.
- After completing this form, we will follow up with information about participating as a startup sponsor.
- After completing this form, we will follow up with information about participating as a sponsor.
If your presentation can be edited to length, select all the options that could apply.
Describe the number of times you are offering to do your workshop or demo at Maker Faire. If one time, how long is it? If more than once, do you expect to share the space with other workshops / demos or would you like to have sessions all-day in your own area? Please describe.
For the Maker Faire team, explain what your project/presentation is and describe what you will actually be bringing to Maker Faire. This information will not be made public. Be as descriptive as possible.
Response limited to 250 characters or less. This information will be made public.
File must be at least 500px wide or larger. Select your best photo. This photo will appear publicly with your short description above.
Please copy and paste the full link below. Example: http://www.mygreatproject.com/.
Please copy and paste the full link below. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD_JpGgUFQQ.
Any URLs to specific websites or images or videos are helpful.
Including food in your exhibit may require a Health Permit and associated fee. Details will be emailed to you after acceptance.
Special requests are not guaranteed by acceptance. You will receive confirmation in advance of the Faire.
Layout drawings are optional but can be helpful in our planning.
Hands-on activities are encouraged at Maker Faire! If your exhibit is not hands-on, please reconsider what you could do to engage and inspire attendees.
Please do not repeat the first part of the sentence above, just add onto the sentence as you see best. If this doesn't apply to your exhibit, you can skip it.
To ensure you have adequate power onsite, it's essential we know in advance the specific amount you need.
To find the total amperage you require, find the amperage listed on the back of each piece of equipment you plan to use onsite. Then, add up the amps and round up to the closest amperage below.
- - All options below are for a 120v circuit (normal US house circuit.)
- - If you require a 208V or 240v circuit, select "Special power requirements" and explain your power needs in the comment box provided.
- - Average amperage for common Maker Faire items: Laptop ~2A, Sewing Machine ~0.6A, Lights ~0.3A-2A, 3D Printer ~10A, Arduino ~0.1A. Please check your equipment, and don’t guess; Thank you in advance.
If your exhibit uses radio frequencies, please provide details about your RF use, frequencies, etc.
Please complete our Fire Safety Plan and upload it here.
Please complete our Safety Plan and upload it here.
Waste and Trash Concerns
Waste is anything you expect to dispose of during setup, showtime or load out at Maker Faire, such as recyclables, compostables, garbage, reuseable/donatable items, and water.
At Maker Faire we provide recycling and garbage bins. For special hazardous waste or items for donation, upon acceptance, please work with our team to create a plan. At Maker Faire, all makers are responsible for separating their waste into proper disposal bins.
Please include your input list, equipment you’ll be bringing, and additional details or special requests in the box below. If possible, we appreciate you bringing everything you need.
Our performance budget is extremely limited as Maker Faire is not a music festival. Maker Faire provides publicity, large crowds and excellent opportunities for networking and just having fun. We cannot give you what you might normally make in a club or music festival, but we may be able to help defray some of your costs with a small stipend for your performance. We can also offer you complimentary tickets so you can enjoy the Faire with your family and friends. Below, please let us know what kind of compensation you would like to receive for playing the event, both monetary and number of guest tickets.
Specify total tickets including performers and guests.